• Cardano (ADA) price increased 51.42% from January 5th, 2023.
• The Cardano Foundation shared statistics reflecting increased transactions on the network.
• Recent upgrades and events included Vasil hard fork upgrade, launch of Djed stablecoin, and a node outage.
Cardano (ADA) Price Increase
The price of Cardano (ADA) has increased 51.42% from January 5th, 2023. This marks a significant increase in value for the cryptocurrency since its launch in 2021.
Statistics Released by Cardano Foundation
The Cardano Foundation has shared statistics reflecting increased transactions across the board on the network. An increase in smart contract transactions on the Cardano network could propel the global adoption of similar protocols. On February 3rd, 2023, the official Cardano Foundation Twitter account revealed Cardano’s on-chain data from January which showed an increase in „transactions using smart contracts and metadata.“ Additionally, there was an increase in native tokens, transactions, wallets, Plutus Scripts and policies on the network with notable increases attributed to volume of Plutus Scripts reaching almost 5k smart contracts.
Recent Events and Developments
A number of noteworthy events have taken place over recent months that have had an impact on the Cardano ecosystem including:
• The Vasil hard fork upgrade launched on September 22nd, 2022 to enhance smart contract capabilities on the network;
• The launch of Djed stablecoin accumulating 29.9M ADA in base reserves less than a week after its official launch;
• Flipping Dogecoin (DOGE) for #8 by market capitalization on January 8th , 2023;
• A node outage where 50% went offline for a short period before they automatically restarted due to a “transient anomaly” as described by cardano developers.
Reaction from Charles Hoskinson
After this node outage founder Charles Hoskinson assured community members that there were no underlying issues or security threats that caused it but rather it was just a “blip”. He also reassured them that developers would look into any future incidents that may occur more closely than previously done so as to prevent such outages from happening again in future .
In conclusion ,Cardano (ADA )has experienced significant growth within past few months through various upgrades & events . In addition ,the blockchain platform is planning further developments & improvements such as enhancing its smart contract capabilities & launching new projects like Djed stablecoin . All these steps taken towards improvement are paving way towards potential use cases & mass adoption of blockchain technology .